Sep 20, 2010 12:18 PM
BATON ROUGE - According to the Louisiana Lottery, there are 13 $1,000,000 RAFFLE prizes of $500 each that have not been claimed from tickets sold in the Greater Lafayette area. The drawing was held on April 15, and the prizes are set to expire Oct. 12.
Winning tickets that have not been claimed as of Sept. 14 were sold at the following Greater Lafayette area retailer locations:
• Langlinais Food Store on West Congress Street in Lafayette
• Shell Complete Stop on Pinhook Road in Lafayette
• Economart #11 on W. Congress Street in Lafayette
• Hit -N- Run #8 on Albertson Parkway in Broussard
• Valero Corner Store #615 on Veterans Memorial Drive in Abbeville
• Abbeville U Pak It on Veterans Memorial Drive in Abbeville
• C J's Get-N-Go on Highway 90 East in New Iberia
• Pennywise #25 on Weeks Island Road in New Iberia
• Delcambre Fuel Depot on La. Highway 89 in Erath
• Green's Piggly Wiggly on Cecilia Senior High Road in Breaux Bridge
• Piggly Wiggly on Highway 182 in Opelousas
• Tobacco Plus #22 on E. Vine Street in Opelousas
• Racetrac #146 on East Landry Street in Opelousas
Prizes of up to $600 may be claimed at any participating Lottery retailer, at any of the Lottery's five regional offices located throughout the state or at Lottery headquarters in Baton Rouge.
"We look forward to the winners coming forward to claim their prizes. In the meantime, tickets should be treated as cash," said Lottery President Rose Hudson. "It is also a good idea to sign the back of Lottery tickets for security purposes."
Winners of the Lottery's draw-style games must claim their prizes within 180 days of the drawing. After prizes have passed their redemption deadlines, they are deposited into the Lottery's unclaimed prize fund, which is returned to players in the form of increased payouts on scratch-off tickets and player promotions.
$1,000,000 RAFFLE offered a top prize of $1 million, five prizes of $50,000 and 500 prizes of $500. A total of 506 winning raffle numbers were drawn and are posted on the Lottery's website at www.louisianalottery.com. Lottery ticket purchasers must be at least 21 years of age. The Lottery encourages responsible play and urges anyone with a gambling problem, or friends of anyone with a gambling problem, to call toll-free 1-877-770-7867.
2 hours ago