Posted: May 26, 2012 11:30 AM by KATC
Updated: May 26, 2012 11:30 AM
• Call the Lafayette, LA Police Department with ANY information or tips: 337-291-8633. (updated number)
• Link to photos of Mickey and her bike. Nothing so far has been found - her purse, bike, phone, etc. Her phone was turned off sometime early Saturday morning. https://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow/photos
• The reward in the Mickey Shunick search has been increased to $25,000. An anonymous donor originally offered a $10,000 reward Sunday. On Monday, the reward was doubled to $20,000. The award amount has been capped.
o There will be a daily media held Saturday at 3 P.M. at Our Lady of Wisdom, 501 Saint Mary St. Lafayette, LA. KATC will cut-in live online and on television.
• The headquarters of the Missing Mickey Shunick campaign are moving to the corner of St.Mary and McKinley St., the Our Lady of Wisdom Center, on UL's campus. There was a need to move from the 100 Ryan Street location to house the growing number of supporters and volunteers.
Volunteers meet at Our lady of Wisdom where organized searches will begin. The searches are announced at https://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow. You must be 18 or older and have a photo Id. EQUUsearch stops searching daily at 4pm. You must wear boots and long pants and will go out in groups of 10.
Anyone with ATVs or 4 wheelers are encouraged to come out and help search.
If your home or business has surveillance cameras, review the recordings, especially between the hours of 1:30 a.m. daylight on Saturday, May 19th. Even if you do not live on the route we think Mickey would have taken, there is no way of knowing what route she actually took.
Pick a day and meal on this calendar to provide food to Mickey's family: http://helpmickeysfamily.webs.com/
For volunteers, food donations would arrive to correspond to the time of day at which they will be eaten. That is, breakfast foods in the morning, veggies, salads, fruits, and light sandwiches to be brought around lunch time, and heavier foods to be brought during the evening.
Requested Saturday: neon pink plastic wristbands from party city & ice.
Donations to help the family and the search effort can be made at Midsouth Bank. Checks can be made out Shunick's sister, Charlene Shunick, and money should be deposited personally at the bank. Call Kordecki for more information at (337)323-9228.
Donations for police overtime and the reward are being accepted at Community Foundation of Acadiana "Mickey Shunick Fund." Those donations are tax deductable. For more information contact Linda at (337) 769-4840.
• Getting the message out:
o Spread the word: Tell people in person, on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit and wherever else you frequent online. The search is being expanded. Please forward messages about Mickey Shunick to friends and relatives in other states especially California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. Share these photos, videos, links and pages listed below:
o Print and post flyers.
New image here (updated with $25,000 reward): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100201196922030&set=p.10100201196922030&type=1&theater
or have Fedex print them for you. Instructions here: https://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow/posts/335927406476504
• Quick facts: 21 year old Mickey Shunick was last seen at about 2:00 am on May 19th riding a black and gold Schwinn Madison bicycle with glittery gold handlebars from a friend's home in the Saint Streets area of Lafayette. She was riding back to her family's home to the area near Ambassador and Congress, but never made it home and hasn't been seen since. She is 5'1" tall, weighing about 115 pounds, has shoulder length curly blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a small tattoo of a bicycle on her right outer ankle and a nose ring on her left nostril.
She was last seen wearing a pastel multicolored striped shirt, light wash denim skinny jeans, and silver ankle boots. She was also carrying a light brown leather backpack, a black and yellow Vera Bradley wallet, a black Verizon slider phone and a small pink container of pepper spray.
"Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick traveling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street. At approximately 1:47 am the bicyclist is captured on Versailles Blvd traveling towards St. John Street," according to Lafayette Police Dept. Cpl. Paul Mouton. Mickey then traveled on St. John Street, crossed University Ave. then continued on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video around 1:48 a.m. "Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick traveled on both streets," said Mouton. Anyone with information about the case of the pickup truck is encouraged to call the tips line at 337-291-8633 or Crime Stoppers at 337-232-TIPS.
LOCAL EVENTS SUPPORTING THE SEARCH:
This is a listing of events donating all or part of their proceeds to the search effort. Message Allison Breaux on FaceBook to have your event added or E-Mail email@example.com. Again only E-Mail with event listings!
? Saint Street Inn will be donating 10% of all sales between 11 AM and 2 PM to the Midsouth bank account supporting the search efforts. 407 Brook Ave., Lafayette, LA
? Free Yoga and Intention Vigil 11:45 to 12:30 at Bindu Yoga.
? Acadiana Roller Girls will be collecting donations for the search for Mickey Shunick and handing out flyers at their roller derby bout. Doors open at 6 PM.
? Anytime Fitness - Abbeville, Upper Lafayette, Franklin, and Maurice locations: Pay off your remaining balance on your membership by Saturday, May 26 and 100% of that will go to the Shunick family. Join Saturday the 26th and 100% of your down payment will go to the Shunick family.
? Benefit Show featuring GIVERS and Vagabond Swing 5:00 pm at Parc International in Downtown Lafayette.
LOCAL BUSINESSES SUPPORTING THE SEARCH
This list contains info on where to find t-shirts, signs, and other items to help in the search. Please message me to add your business to this list.
Absolutely Irresistible Monogramming & Gifts. Missing Mickey Shunick shirts available at 141 James Comeaux Rd. Lafayette, LA 70508. 337-232-7077. Orders can be taken over the phone. All sizes available. The shirts cost $10.00 and half will be donated to the help bring Mickey home.
Party Time Party Supplies Yard signs or banners. As of right now they are not charging for yard signs but if the demand goes up we will charge $4.99 a yard sign and half price for large banners including color and pictures. Call 593-9444 and ask for Blair Whitaker.